Review: A Marvellous Light


I have finally gotten the chance to read this book that I’ve been dying to read for MONTHS and it did NOT disappoint. I’m a sucker for a good grumpy/sunshine trope and Robin and Edwin are particularly great. They also bring introvert/extrovert vibes and the bookworm/athlete dynamic and I’m here for all of it. They’re both intelligent and lovely and easy to like. Edwin struggles with self worth because of how his family treats him and it’s hard not to sympathize with him. I loved how his & Robin’s relationship evolved from begrudging acquaintances to unlikely allies to actual friends to desperate lovers. It was a natural, well-paced progression and I can’t wait to see what they get up to in the next two books. 

The magical world Marske’s created is wonderful. It’s like nothing I’ve ever read or seen before; it’s fantastical and creative but also… down to earth at the same time? The magic has many limitations, which is part of what makes it feel so much more realistic to me.


It was really a fun and intriguing book. I can’t wait for the next one in the series!

4.5 stars out of 5 

🎩🪄 Magic ✔️
🕵🏻‍♂️ Mystery ✔️
👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨 MLM Romance ✔️
Ⓜ️ Misc. Mishaps, Misadventures & Mayhem ✔️ 

      🪞✨ ☕️🔪🪙🧚🏻‍♂️ 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Custom Funko Pop Tutorial

Red White & Royal Blue the Collector’s Edition by Casey McQuiston

Magic & Nature in A Marvellous Light