One last (small) Book Haul

Like a lot of people, I think, I really need to pull back on how many books I buy. I have this massive TBR pile that I desperately want to get through (why can’t I read 47 books at once??? 😭) and seriously need to stop adding to it already. 

I still have a dozen or so preorders waiting on their release dates, scattered throughout 2022. My Book of the Month club membership is a potential extra dozen books or so, one sprinkled in every few weeks. And I recently signed up for Illumicrate’s two subscriptions: their regular monthly book box and their quarterly romance-centric sub, Afterlight. So I definitely have those to look forward to, like little Christmas gifts throughout the year. I won’t exactly be hard up for new books, whether they’re just new to me or new to everyone.

So I’m going to try to be good and not seek out new books quite so much while I bulldoze my way through my TBR. And I’m going to try to be better about impulse purchases… like the ones below… 😬


I came across these on Barnes & Noble’s website and decided to help myself. I’m a HUGE fan of the Carry On series but have never read Fangirl so I thought I’d grab this fun special edition they had. It has the coolest end papers and a gorgeous turquoise ribbon pagemarker in it and I LOVE it! I’m excited to read it. 



The others I had never heard of and thought they sounded interesting. The Real Deal is a romcom about a young woman who needs a fake boyfriend to keep her family off her back. And The Windsor Knot has an absolute riot of a premise - a murder mystery where Queen Elizabeth II herself plays the amateur detective (and other royals make cameo appearances) and it sounds totally bonkers. I’m so excited to see where that one goes.


I’ll definitely post about them when I get to them, so wish me luck that it won’t take forever because I keep adding things to my TBR!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red White & Royal Blue the Collector’s Edition by Casey McQuiston

Custom Funko Pop Tutorial

Magic & Nature in A Marvellous Light