Pub Day Review: Love at First Spite by Anna E Collins

 Love At First Spite

by Anna E. Collins

Pub Day: Jan 4, 2022


I loved this! It was cute, light, and fluffy but had a good balance of serious emotional weight. Wyatt was a sweetheart. The secondary characters were great. The romance was well paced. And I really liked the choice of professions for the MCs: interior designer and architect; it made for a nice workplace setting and an interesting dynamic.


I really liked both Dani and Wyatt from the start and liked how their relationship evolved as they got to know one another. (Can we talk about the fantastic paintball scene the book opens with?) I thought the obstacles in their relationship were really believable and realistic. I didn’t feel like their conflicts were contrivances. Unfortunately I did feel the resolution with the house and the ex was a little far fetched. 


The disability rep in this book was fascinating. I’d heard of Ménière’s disease before but didn’t know anything about it. Wyatt lives with Ménière’s and it plays a significant role in the story and their relationship. I appreciated getting to learn about it. 


Final thoughts: The way the resolution came about at very end left me a little disappointed as it seemed too over the top (and very unwise) but it couldn’t dampen my feelings for the rest of the book. I highly recommend giving it a go. I also think I’ll be buying this one for my shelf.


Thanks to NetGalley and Harlequin Trade for providing the digital arc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Custom Funko Pop Tutorial

Red White & Royal Blue the Collector’s Edition by Casey McQuiston

Magic & Nature in A Marvellous Light