Pub Day! The Perfect Crimes of Marian Hayes by Cat Sebastian

 Cat Sebastian’s follow-up to The Queer Principles of Kit Webb is finally out on Tuesday! Pick up The Perfect Crimes of Marian Hayes if you want excellent characters, witty, intelligent humor, and eat the rich vibes. (My full review from January is below!)


Release Date: June 7, 2022

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
4 stars out of 5

Cat Sebastian has such a way with words, her writing never ceases to impress me. The writing is tight, engaging and highly entertaining. And the romance was rather unorthodox but I really liked that about it. 

This is the follow-up to Kit Webb which I have not read yet (but is on my TBR)… The book can stand on its own without having read Kit Webb first but I do feel like I missed the meaning of several references and didn’t understand some conversations that I would like to have been clued in on. I think this will be a very rewarding reading experience for Kit Webb fans. (I do recommend reading Kit first.)


It starts out with the most hilarious epistolary (and antagonistic) back-and-forth between highwayman Rob and duchess Marian. They are equals in every way but in social standing. Their banter is so good and Rob is like a feminist Robin Hood. I am here 👏🏼 for 👏🏼 it 👏🏼 (Also… “Rob”? “Marian”? Stealing from the rich, giving back to the poor. I like it.😏)


Clever characters, irreverence, and disdain for the privileged upper classes are a few of the things I’ve come to expect from Cat Sebastian and this is has all of that. The colorful, well-drawn characters and fantastic dialogue were my favorite aspects of the book. Overall I think this is a really well done enemies to lovers trope and a very fun read.


Tropes and other relevant info:

  • historical romance (M/F)
  • enemies to lovers 
  • slow burn
  • forced proximity 
  • only one bed
  • grumpy/sunshine 
  • cinnamon roll hero
  • two bisexual protagonists 


Thanks to NetGalley and HarperCollins/ HarperVoyager for providing the digital arc.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Custom Funko Pop Tutorial

Red White & Royal Blue the Collector’s Edition by Casey McQuiston

Magic & Nature in A Marvellous Light