🚨 Funko Pop Alert: Beartown

 

I made Benji for another dear friend, Raluca (@hedonicbooks on Instagram) for Christmas. One of her favorite books is Beartown and Benjamin Ovich is a beloved character from the book. (He was definitely *my* fave.) 





I went back and forth on which logo to use but ended up deciding on the Swedish version that reads Björnstad since the book takes place in Sweden and was originally written in Swedish.


I ended up going a little darker on his hair than I’d planned but Benji’s physical attributes weren’t too strongly focused on in the book as far as I could remember (and kindle searches didn’t help a lot either) so I figured it was fine.

Benji’s head: Guy Lafleur (which is also the same head they use for TJ Oshie and one other, I think, but can’t remember which one.)

Benji’s body: Jonathan Huberdeau (which I used the head for another project so it made it an even better deal!)
I painted the uniform according to the colors as described in the book, using a little artistic license. 

The logo I found online and printed super tiny. I cut it out and glued it on with some Elmer’s glue. Same for his name and number on the back, which I designed using a free app.

I’m pretty happy with how he turned out!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red White & Royal Blue the Collector’s Edition by Casey McQuiston

Custom Funko Pop Tutorial

Magic & Nature in A Marvellous Light