🚨 Funko Pop Alert: Kadou & Evemer from A Taste of Gold & Iron

 

My newest custom funko pop project was a Christmas gift for my dear friend Ditte (@booksaboveeverything on Instagram). We both adore this book and I was inspired to make the main characters when I found some pops that looked like they could make good versions of them.


Above is Kadou, holding a hold coin as he does on the cover. 


Below is Evemer, wearing his dark blue kahyalar uniform and sword. 


Here are the Pops I used to create them:

Below: The body of House of the Dragon’s Viserys Targaryen was a good match for Kadou. I thought his medieval style robes made a good kaftan with the length and the gold edging. He also made it easy to swap out his hand for one that holds a gold coin. (See further below.)
Below: Daemon Targaryen provided Kadou’s head and Evemer’s body. I bought it primarily for the body but the head had long hair so I figured why not use it.


Below: the Box Lunch exclusive Yennefer from Witcher is holding a gold coin so I cut her hand off and superglued it onto Kadou’s arm. 



Below: I used Jonathan Huberdeau’s head because he had an uncanny likeness to the cover version of Evemer. The haircut, the hair color, even the beard. Absolutely perfect!


I’ve since found an even better choice for Kadou’s head in a new release for the Shazam line of Pops so I might make myself a Kadou using it. 


I absolutely love the gold headband and the earrings! It’s so perfect for Kadou! I would probably “erase” the eyelashes and paint in the eyes fully and re-do the eyebrows but I think I might try it.











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Red White & Royal Blue the Collector’s Edition by Casey McQuiston

Custom Funko Pop Tutorial

Magic & Nature in A Marvellous Light